Pages

Thursday 27 January 2011

Evaluation question number 4 New technolgies that I used to help complete the coursework

To help me complete question number 4 of the evaluation which was how we used media technolgies to help us in the planning and construction and evaluation stage. To answer the question I am going to use software called Cam studio which a recording software that basically print screens every thing that you do on the screen, so I will record me using the software and then edited all and then put it on Youtube. I used the software for ICT interactive media Unit so I am familiar with how it works. The clip that I am going to create will have commentary which will explain every that appears on the screen so that you know what I am talking about.


This is an image of cam studio it is very easy to use because it has a couple of button which are stop and record so it is very easy to use.


The two clip below show the technologies that I used during the project however I have has to make two clips because the whole video is too long and wont let me upload it onto youtube so I have had to split it into two sections so that all the content is able to be viewed.

Part one of video demonstrating technology used

This your tube video shows and explains all the different technologies that I used during the planning research construction and evaluation for example:

  • Blogger 
  • Youtube 
  • Flickr
  • Prezi 
  • Animoto 
  • Slide share
  • Tube chop 


Each one of those technologies is explained  with screen shots of how to use them and then also a commentary by me telling you how I used them in my work.
  • Scribe
  • Yo window 
  • MSN
  • Bubbl 
  • Photoshop

Equipment used

ACER Laptop
I used this laptop during the course work as it is the same model as my computer which I used to most of the work on because I really used the school computers because they were pretty poor and did not have all the relevant software that I needed I also used it because it meant that I did not have to transfer data between two computer I could just use my computer, which saved me a lot of time as a result.
I also used my own computer because I have photos CS2 which I needed especially for my Digipack and the photo shop that the school had was not as good and i was never able to get onto them as they were always full.


Cam corder
To film both drafts of our video used our own camcorders, mine and Darren's the reason we used our own was because the ones from school were not as good as our and we had book them in advance which was a pain and l also we were able to use it for a few days before returning them. Whereas with our own we were able to film when ever we wanted, which gave us the freedom of when to film. also by suing our own it meant that we did not have to use the school MACS which are shocking because they only allow you to edit footage from mini DV camcorders.

Digital camera
I used my own fuji digital camera because it was able to use it when ever I wanted and allowed me to have the freedom of taking pictures when ever I wanted I used the camera to take loads of pictures which I then uploaded to Youtube I took photos of various location because I wanted to have a verity of locations which we as a group could then choose from. I also used my camera to take photos for the digipack my camera was very useful for this because it is almost like a digital SLR which meant it was more suitable than a standard camera which the college had. The reason I did not use the school was because one they were very good and two we only got to borrow them for a few day so by using my own it was more freedom to work with.

Tripod
When filming and taking pictures for the digipack I used my own Tripod because it was easy to use and I was able to access when ever I wanted instead of borrowing the college which were worse than mine and would mean that I would have to carry the tripod with me during school hours and would have to return it after a few days, so by using my own it meant I could film when ever we choose because we would have equipment with us.

Sony Vegas Pro
To edit our video as a group we decided to use Sony Vegas PRO because it a unprofessional editing suite which meant it had all the necessary features that we wanted in order to make our video a success, we also used it because Darren had the software which meant that we could edit of school hours giving us more time to edit. The main reason we used Vegas was because I-MO VIE on the E-MACS at school were terrible and we could never get on them as their was only five for the whole media department which made it difficult to use them so by using Vegas we had no issues about using it when we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Moon Times

http://primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/moon/
This URL takes you to a website, which details the month's full moon time/date.